Dear Parents & Guardians,
This letter is to remind you of our drop-off pattern that was implemented last year. As always, our first concern is the safety of our children. The city traffic control officer suggested, and we agreed, that the idea of having a drop off lane and a bypass lane might help to alleviate the traffic and confusion we had been experiencing in the morning.
Therefore, we implemented the following procedures:
- All children should be dropped off at the Myrtle Avenue drop off, and NOT at the main entrance. Children trying to enter the main entrance prior to the 8:15 A.M. bell will be re-directed to their regular entrance door.
- Drivers must follow the directions of those outside guiding the drop off. Please be respectful.
- Any cars dropping off students should enter the drop off lane right next to the sidewalk on Myrtle Avenue. As previously, cars should move all the way to the end of the drop off zone before children exit the car.
- Drivers will need to be patient as they move forward in the line before allowing children to exit the car.
- Drivers will continue to the very end of the drop off lane before rejoining regular traffic moving up to Larned Road. They will need to be cognizant of cars moving in the bypass lane.
- Drivers going on Myrtle Avenue and not needing to drop off children will enter the bypass lane and continue on their way. They should be aware of traffic from the drop off lane merging with them at the end of Myrtle Avenue.
- We continue to advise that cars going on Myrtle Avenue continue around to go up Larned Road, rather than doing the loop on Myrtle Avenue and re-entering the congestion on Tulip Street at the intersection of almost five streets.
- All students will proceed to their REGULAR entrance doors, regardless of weather.
We are hopeful that this is a solution to alleviate some of the congestion and provide a safe situation for our children. Once again, its effectiveness relies on all drivers abiding by the directions and being patient. It only takes a matter of minutes to drop off your child, and it is not worth risking children’s safety for the sake of saved seconds. Please know that you need not worry if the traffic is heavy, and children enter the building a few minutes late. That will not be held against them.
Working together, I believe that we can assure that our children will arrive safely at school. I appreciate your help and support.